copyright 1998-2017 by Mark Verboom
ipv6 ready RSS Feed Schakel naar Nederlands

Go back to Opel Speedster 2.2 16v

Wheelarchliner fixtures

The flimsy plastic nuts and bolts holding the wheelarchliners in place aren't very handy. Removing and putting them back takes too much time. So I decided to cut back to 4 fasteners per side.

I cut out some aluminium plates and put those behind the fiberglass for strengthening. Then we put in a set of M5 rivnuts.

At the other side (on the rear of the clam) we did the same.

I got a set of aluminium M5 bolts and washers (unfortunately they weren't available in black at the time) and used those to fasten the wheelarchliner.

This works a lot better fitting and removing, you can just use an (electric) ratchet now :)